Tuesday, June 28, 2011

settling in

Well we made it to Texas and are settling in (kind of, we are subletting for two months and then moving to a more permanent location). Insurance, I have found, is a pain in the ass. My new doctor, seems like a good one. We are starting IVF soon but I have to go in next week to see if some bloody cyst thing is clearing up, then back on birth control for the first time in years. Doesn't it seem counter-intuitive to go on birth control as an infertile woman? Is it normal to not feel overly excited about starting IVF? I feel apprehensive.

3 comments:

  1. All those feelings are WAY normal. And I think the birth control thing is weird!!! I loved being on it, as a lady with pcos.

    MissConception

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally normal. You have a lot on your plate right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the BCP to get pregnant thing always seems crazy. I love picking up a BCP order and pre-natal vitamins at the same time. Or BCP and FSH. You get some really odd stares from the pharmacist.

    Wishing you much luck!! And, it's definitely normal not to feel excited but apprehensive -- it's kind of big and scary. I think it's a healthy approach, really.

    ReplyDelete