Wednesday, June 1, 2011

the results are in

My AMH results came in. We were literally moving to Texas and making a pit stop at Graceland when I got the call. The AMH level is .2. The Dr. said since it is so low that they cannot definitively tell me that my eggs will not run out in the next year. They could run out this year, they could run out in five years. Given this the Doc wants me to start IVF immediately so that we can make sure we don't miss out on a window. The Dr. also said that since the egg supply is so low the eggs left could be of a lower quality. Let's hope that I finally get to see some benefit from my age and have high quality eggs.

I am also having two more blood tests on Monday to rule out Fragile X and some type of caryotype disorder. Tomorrow I make the call to get an appointment with the Dr. in Texas who was recommended to me.

I have gone up and down on the emotional scale with this one. The news isn't really any different from what I have heard before but it was scary to hear that my eggs could run out within the year. Hopefully I will be able to get into the Dr. here quickly and get started with IVF. It will be nice to be actually starting it. Here's to hoping it works and I get twins!

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh...i am sorry. That is sad news and I wish someone as young as you didn't have to go through it.

    That being said, I hope you can hop quickly on the IVF bandwagon and save those eggs! I am praying for twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you got such crappy news.

    But, it's a good thing that you're moving forward quickly. Wishing you all the luck in the world!

    ReplyDelete