Friday, September 16, 2011

trying to catch reality

I am still trying to grasp the reality of it all. It seems unbelievable that after all these years my wish is finally being granted. A part of me keeps waiting for AF to come and take it all away.

I am trying to cherish every minute particularly as there is no guarantee I will ever get to experience another pregnancy. Which brings me to this comment seen on Facebook:

"frankly anyone who says they enjoy being pregnant is LYING! I'm 20 weeks and complain all the time lol! I think anyone who is pregnant gets a
free pass to complain. Sure it's a blessing, but also kind of miserable at the same time."

Reading this strengthens my resolve to not complain about pregnancy. I am so grateful to even have this opportunity and mindful that there are still so many women who are waiting for it. It is a blessing to be pregnant and anyone who has dealt with infertility understands that any kind of sickness or discomfort is a small price to pay for the ultimate dream.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Enjoy every second! (I know you will..)

    Thanks for your support on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Congratulations! I agree, enjoy every single minute of it! That has been my mantra and 20 weeks in, I have loved every single day. I can't wait to keep reading more of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is totally hard to accept it, I think, after wishing for so long!

    And, what I'd say is that if you want to vent about feeling bad (if you are) then you have every right to do so. It's the people who just complain that pregnancy sucks that the rest of us just want to pummel! :)

    ReplyDelete