Friday, July 9, 2010

appreciation

I hope that if/when I get pregnant that I will really take the time to appreciate what a miracle it is. The thought that women are cavalier when talking about getting pregnant often upsets me. I want to yell at them to appreciate that they can get pregnant, to appreciate those small moments because there are so many of us who go to great lengths to achieve those moments.

The day I had to learn to inject myself with hormones was a an eye opener for me. It was a turning point for me. From that point on I have struggled to keep a positive attitude about this experience. The potential joy of pregnancy is over shadowed by almost weekly doctor appointments, constant drugs and their side effects. It can be so exhausting. At times I want to throw in the towel. I have lent a friend the pregnancy clothes that I bought when I first started trying, when I thought getting pregnant would be easy. I can't stand to have them in my closet mocking me anymore. I keep reminding myself that it is all worth it. This blog post helped. One of those things that popped up on my google reader and made me think, this is just what I need right now. Perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment